Tonopenem - meropenem
Right on target
It is strictly forbidden to use any antibiotic without doctor’s prescription.
Composition: 500 mg meropenem (as meropenem trihydrate) in 1 vial.
Indications: Tonopenem is indicated for treatment in adults and children older than 3 months of the following diseases caused by susceptible strains of microorganisms:
- lower respiratory tract infections (including pneumonia, nosocomial and ventilator-associated pneumonia)
- bronchopulmonary infection in cystic fibrosis
- complicated urinary tract infections
- complicated intra-abdominal infections, labor and delivery infections
- complicated skin and soft tissue infections
- acute bacterial meningitis
- empirical therapy for suspected bacterial infection in adult patients with fever related to neutropenia
- therapy for bacteremia caused by or suspected to be caused by any of the above infections
When applying Tonopenem, official guidelines for the proper use of antibacterial agents should be considered.
- High quality, reasonable price
- Armenian GMP production
- Resistance to β-lactamases
Dosage and administration: According to doctors’ prescription
Preparation of solution for intravenous bolus injection: vial content should be dissolved in sterile water for injection (10 ml per 500 mg of meropenem) to a concentration of 50 mg/ml.
Shake solution for at least 3 minutes to form a transparent liquid.
Preparation of solution for intravenous infusions: Tonopenem should be dissolved with 0.9% sodium chloride solution for infusions or 5% dextrose (glucose) solution for infusions, and the concentration of the solution should be from 1 to 20 mg/ml.
Solution prepared with 5% glucose solution should be used immediately.
From a microbiological point of view, solution must be used immediately regardless of the method of opening the vial and dilution.If the solution is not used immediately, the doctor is responsible for the period and conditions of its storage.
- hypersensitivity to meropenem and other components
- hypersensitivity to any other antibacterial agent from the carbapenem group
- severe hypersensitivity (for example, anaphylactic reactions, severe skin reactions) to any other β-lactam antibiotics (for example, penicillins or cephalosporins).
Packing: 500 mg powder in a 10 ml vial.36 vials in a box along with the leaflet.
Manufacturer: "Tonus-Les" LLC, Laboratory complex №1, RA, Kotayk Marz, Nor Gyugh, 6 str., bld.
MA Holder: Tonus-Les LLC, 1 Yervand Kochar str., Yerevan, Armenia
Storage: store in the place protected from moisture and light, keep out of reach of children, at a temperature < 25 ° C. Solution should not be frozen.
Shelf life: 2 years.
Do not use after the expiration date printed on the package.